Episode #19: Resilience Reflex Show - Tips on Creating a Morning Routine
As a mother and business woman, I get more done when I wake up in the morning because the rest is spent on seeing clients and being with the family, which is important too. I usually get asked, "How did you stick to this habit of waking up at 4:45 am?" Kathy, my co-host, and I will share our morning routines with you. Take notes and download your worksheet!
What if I'm not a morning person? I share 3 points that may make you think about the morning differently, especially between 4 and 7 a.m. Kathy shares 5 points from an article from Forbes on how 'Successful people create morning routines" – some great takeaways from this article alone.
I share my 7 tips on creating a sustainable morning routine and these are:
- Start small – wake up 15 minutes before you usually wake up and start 2 days a week. Then chunk up slowly when ready.
- Have a plan – Make a list of what you want to do the night before, otherwise you will hit snooze and roll over.
- Alarm away – keep you alarm in your kitchen or another room. Once you walk down to turn it off, you will be half awake.
- Plan placement – keep your plan next to your alarm so you when you turn it off, your brain notices what you have to do.
- Have a routine – do the same thing every day right after you turn your plan off. For example, go to the bathroom, wash your face and drink a glass of water before you tackle your plan/list.
- Have a system – create a system where you know what you are doing every morning. For example, meditation and exercise. I have a business system for each morning, each day. Watch the video to find out more or listen to the podcast.
- Proper sleep time – you can’t expect to sleep at midnight and wake up at 5 a.m. So sleep between 9 and 10 p.m.
Download your worksheet