How Chaos Can Be an Opportunity - 3 Assumptions to Ease Your Journey
Last year, I got into a victim mindset when I realized that my diagnosis of breast cancer would disrupt the normalcy in my life.
Joseph O'Connor, Author of Free Yourself from Fears, explains that we fear change because we are uncertain of how its going to impact us and we usually lose something during a change process.
In this blog post, I explained how I started complaining because I felt I had no control over the situation. However, in coaching school I was drilled with the following 3 (actually 18) presuppositions or assumptions about life that could help ease one's journey:
- The person with most flexibility of behaviour has more control of the situation. In other words, if it isn't working, do something different.
- Your perception is your reality.
- You're in control of your mind, and therefore, your results.
I quickly realized that even though I can't control the situation - I have to go through surgery and chemotherapy and this will bring some disruption in my life, I can control my behaviour by letting go of complaining (this refers to number 1) and control my mind by adopting a positive attitude about the whole situation (this refers to number 3).
I changed my perception (refers to number 2) by looking at this as an opportunity rather than a disruption. I started working on how I could turn my book into an online course.
Therefore, instead of feeling I had lost all normalcy in my life, I actually gained a school! Yes, I created a school where I'll be teaching virtual classes and offering self-paced online courses on Resilience.
Welcome to the Resilience Champion School!
I have 4 courses so far:
- Thrive in Life - The Resilience Reflex Program: a 3-week self-paced course that teaches you the 3R formula to make resilience your first reflex.
- Resilient Goals: this is based on a webinar I did on how to achieve your goals in 90 days.
- Resilient Talk: my background is in NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and the basis of NLP is human behaviour and communication. This course will be offered as a virtual class in May and October.
- Resilient Champion Master Program: I'm piloting this course first as it's more like a group coaching program where we meet virtually once a month and cover a specific topic. Topics are listed on the course site and it starts in April. Interested? I'm only taking 10 to 15 people so join now.
Sometimes you may feel or think that life is unfair when you're faced with chaos and you can't see anything good about the chaos you're in. However, you have all the resources around you to succeed, you just have to change your perception about the situation you're in.