Episode #23: Thrive In Life Show - Beating the Odds, Second Chance to Live
Every 16 year-old dream right? On October 21st, 2002 Matthew Gerard was involved in a single vehicle accident and went into a level 4 coma. When he came out of the coma, it was like being born again as he had to learn how to do simple things all over - like walking!
In this episode you will learn:
- Matthew's life before the accident and what he was aiming for.
- How Matthew overcame his obstacles.
- What it took for him to recover.
- What his purpose is now.
During the show, you will notice that I hack into Matthew’s mental programming and relate it back to lessons on resiliency and mindsets.
- At 4 minutes - Matthew explains what happens when he got into an accident at the age of 16 and what he was told by the doctors.
- At 7 minutes - he explains what his recovery entails and why he decided to take control of his life.
- At 20 minutes - I ask Matthew about the 2 most important things he could attribute his success of recovery to.
- At 23 minutes - Matthew offers some advice and tips to those who may be recovering from a trauma or accident.